Drone players are familiar with drone batteries, but when asked what the parameters on a drone battery mean, many drone operators are probably only able to name some of them. Newcomers don’t know what drone battery parameters are and don’t know what they mean. The answers in this article are mainly for those who are not familiar with or do not understand drone battery parameters.
What are the standard drone battery parameters?
There are many drone battery parameters. The parameters marked on the top of the battery are only some of them or the parameters that the manufacturer wants to show you. So what are the standard drone battery parameters?
The standard parameters of drone batteries are cell, cell combination, capacity, voltage, continuous discharge rate, peak discharge rate, continuous discharge current, peak discharge current, volume, weight, and wire-out method. These are the more critical parameters at present. So what is the meaning of these parameters?
What is the meaning of the drone battery parameters?
- Cell. The current stage of the drone battery cells are lithium polymer battery cells or liquid lithium-ion battery cells.
- The way the combination of battery cells. Many friends have seen that it is called the combination of cells on the top of the battery. For example, 3S2P, 3S represents three cells in series, 1P represents each series of only one cell. 3S1P 2200mah: by three pieces of the capacity of 2200mah cells in series, the voltage can be increased while the capacity remains unchanged.
- Capacity of battery. The battery’s capacity rating indicates its output power, or the length of time to reach the cutoff voltage or discharge before the battery acquires power from the battery at a given rate. The faster you get power from the battery, the shorter the time it will last. Our battery capacity is often listed in milliamp-hours (mAh) rather than amp-hours (Ah). This is simply the metric system converted to a smaller unit, 1Ah = 1000mAh.
- Voltage of battery. This voltage is not like our standard entry 220V; the voltage of the drone battery is relatively low compared to the entry voltage. For example, the total voltage of the battery is 11.1 V. This may be confusing to many people, but this is a common way to indicate the battery, we generally say that the voltage of a single lithium battery is 3.7 V, so 3.7 V * 3 (number of cells) = 11.1 V.
- Sustained discharge rate and peak discharge rate. Discharge multiplier is generally used C to carry out the representation, representing the size of the battery discharge current intensity. For example, one of the 25C, that is to say, can be 25 times the capacity of the rate of continuous discharge. While the peak discharge rate is the highest, generally at this rate can only last within 10 seconds. More than the battery loss is relatively large.
- Continuous discharge current and peak discharge current. Continuous discharge current, peak discharge current is no longer explained; in essence, the discharge rate is the same.
- Volume and weight. These two for the ordinary agriculture drone and those competition-grade fpv battery and industry class drone battery are not the same; Because the smaller the volume and weight, it means that it can fly faster and longer.
- the way out of the line. Generally, there will be two sets of lines: the balance line and the current line. The balance line is used to measure the voltage of a single battery, a positive more negative or a negative more positive. To 3S battery, for example, a negative multi-positive connection balance line has four, a negative line, three positive lines. A positive multi-negative then three negative wires a positive wire. The current line is only two, one positive and one negative, because the charge and discharge with, after the current is relatively large, so the line is thicker.