With the saturation of PV capacity, new PV systems must be retrofitted with energy storage before installation is allowed. Energy storage battery prices have fallen rapidly in the past two years, PV plus storage costs have fallen a lot, many countries have also introduced subsidy policies, Europe and Australia PV in 2019 began a strong recovery, so the international market for energy storage battery demand increased. Energy storage batteries, in a way, belong to dangerous goods. In terms of product exports and shipping, there are some special requirements, before choosing the product, to confirm that there is no production certification and shipping certification, if they go back to do the certification, the cost is very high, not to mention that the time is also very long. Then the battery international trade and shipping need to do what test certification it.
1. Battery maritime certificate
(1) lithium battery UN38.3: suitable for almost global scope, belonging to the safety and performance testing, the United Nations for the transport of dangerous goods developed explicitly by the “United Nations Manual of Tests and Criteria for the Transport of Dangerous Goods,” Part 3, paragraph 38.3, which requires lithium batteries before transport, must pass a high degree of simulation, high and low-temperature cycle, vibration test, shock test, 55 ℃ external short circuits, impact test, overcharge test, forced discharge test, to ensure the safety of lithium battery transportation. If the lithium battery is not installed with the equipment, and each package contains more than 24 or 12 batteries, it must also pass the 1.2m free fall test.
(2) Battery SDS (Safety Data Sheet)
SDS (Safety Data Sheet, Safety Data Sheet) is a comprehensive description of the information on chemical components, physical and chemical parameters, combustion and explosion performance, toxicity, environmental hazards, as well as the safe use, storage conditions, emergency response to leaks, transportation regulations and other 16 items of information provided to customers by hazardous chemical manufacturers or sellers as required by regulations, and is also one of the carriers of information transmission mandated by the EU REACH regulation.
(3) Air/sea transport identification report
For products with batteries shipped from China (except Hong Kong), the final air transport identification report must be audited and certified by the dangerous goods identification agency directly authorized by the Civil Aviation Administration of China.
The above three types of testing and battery certification are mandatory options in the transportation process. The seller of finished products can obtain the relevant battery UN38.3, and MSDS reports from the supplier and apply the relevant identification battery certificate according to their products.
2. ESS battery certificate
Battery certificate need in EU region
EU Battery Directive: Products with batteries entering Europe must meet the requirements of the EU Battery Directive, and for batteries in electrical and electronic equipment, they should meet the recycling requirements of the WEEE Directive and the hazardous substance limits of the RoHS Directive. In addition, it is also necessary to meet the REACH regulations on battery registration, hazardous chemicals and other aspects of the regulations. There are no mandatory regulatory requirements for battery performance safety, mainly concerning the EU requirements on battery performance and safety standards. Now Amazon Germany requires products to have to do WEEE before they can be shelved.
Battery certificate need in North America
UL standard certification: suitable for North America, mainly for safety testing, the certification period is usually about two months (slightly shorter for lead-acid batteries.) UL is the drafting agency for the relevant standards in the U.S. If consumers buy products with the UL mark after the product quality problems and adverse consequences, consumers can complain about the seller, and the insurance company can easily compensate the seller. UL products are quickly sold in North America to a large extent for this reason. Of course, UL is not the only certification body; you can find the relevant NRTL qualified laboratories, such as ETL, TUV, etc., that can issue the relevant UL standard certificate.
Battery certificate need in other regions
China: CCC is not yet mandatory certification of battery monomer, but products with batteries will require the battery to have the relevant CQC non-compulsory certification of the relevant test content; Japan: the battery needs to comply with PSE certification; Korea-related batteries need to pass KC certification.
3. Battery packaging and transportation
(1) The outer packaging must be labeled with nine types of dangerous goods, marked with UN number
(2) It is designed to prevent bursting under normal transportation conditions and is equipped with effective measures to prevent external short circuits and protect the exposed electrodes.
(3) Sturdy outer packaging, the battery should be protected against short circuit, in the same package shall prevent contact with conductive substances that can trigger a short circuit.
(4) Additional requirements for battery installation in equipment for transportation.
a. The equipment shall be fixed to prevent movement within the package, and the packaging shall be in such a way as to prevent accidental start-up in transit.
b. The outer packaging shall be watertight or waterproof through using an inner liner (such as a plastic bag) unless the equipment itself has been constructed with watertight characteristics.
(5) The battery shall be loaded on a pallet to avoid strong vibration during handling, and corner guards shall protect the vertical and horizontal sides of the pallet. 6.
(6) The battery should be loaded in the container for reinforcement, reinforcement and strength should be in line with the requirements of the importing country (such as the United States, the American Railway Association, the American Dangerous Goods Association, the North American Explosives Management Agency, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Department of Transportation 9 types of dangerous goods containers American reinforcement law and “Marine Dangerous Goods Transportation Rules” have relevant provisions), if the consignor negligence If the shipper is negligent in reinforcement or improperly reinforced, the container will be detained at the port of destination and incur high costs such as terminal handling fees, storage fees, container removal fees and re-enforcement fees.
(7) Export to North America need to paste nine types of dangerous goods labels around the container at the specified location.
4. SPbatt’s Energy Storage Battery
If you choose spbatt’s energy storage batteries, you can avoid the problem of lack of battery certification, the following battery models, are spbatt’s hot energy storage battery models